Post Closer, Settlement Agent/Officer, Title Underwriter/Officer
4 Year Degree
1. Review and comply with all terms of real estate sales contract.
2. Review and comply with all requirements set forth on title binder.
3. Recognize title defects and seek advice from appropriate parties as needed to resolve problems.
4. Communicate with lender and comply with lender’s instructions.
5. Coordinate with all parties to set time for settlement conference.
6. Order required documents and communicate requests to all parties.
7. Provide Preliminary package to lender as required and receive final authority to close.
8. Review closing paperwork with clients and obtain signatures.
9. Monitor receipt of funds from lender and borrower.
10. Prepare or facilitate preparation of checks for disbursement.
11. Prepare or facilitate electronic recordation of documents.
12. Monitor work performed by settlement support staff.
13. Participate in marketing efforts if requested.
14. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
15. Handle more complex Residential transactions (both Refinance and Purchase).
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training. 2. 3-5 years of experience in the real estate/title industry. 3. Knowledge of real estate law, governmental regulation and escrow closing procedures. 4. Demonstrated proficiency of basic computer skills, such as Microsoft applications. 5. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
About McGriff Insurance Services - BridgeTrust Title Group
Serving Virginia since 1983, BridgeTrust Title Group—Richmond provides cost effective and timely solutions. Our experienced staff is committed to anticipating our customers' needs and seamlessly guides each client through the title and settlement process with exceptional customer support.
Who We Serve:
- Our agency serves buyers, real estate attorneys and lending institutions in:
- Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
We work with leading national title insurance underwriters including:
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Stewart Title Guaranty Company
- Westcor Land Title Insurance Company
- WFG National Title Insurance Company