1. Prepare commercial title binders, policies and any related endorsements and correspondence.
2. Interpret completed attorney opinions (where applicable), title searches/abstracts, and related documentation necessary to produce commercial binders, policies and endorsements.
3. Review and interpret surveys.
4. Determine requirements and exceptions that are necessary to complete binders and policies in accordance with company underwriting procedures.
5. Prepare authorization to exceed forms on binders that exceed liability limitations.
6. Prepare bills for premium and title examination fees or other related expenses.
7. Recognize title defects and seek advice from agency counsel as to insurability, when necessary.
8. Correspond with clients to obtain missing documentation and/or clarify information.
9. Accompany sales directors, agency counsel or manager on calls to existing or prospective sources of business within the framework of a commercial business development call program.
10. Maintain licensing and/or certificates according to state requirements.
11. Apply underwriting ability to perform limited liability evaluations and approve or disapprove technical title risks within delegated authority.
12. Participate in business development/referral programs which contribute to the overall profitability of the company.
13. Participate in annual performance evaluations of commercial underwriting staff.
14. Participate in the training/mentoring of junior commercial underwriters and residential underwriters.
15. Potentially participate in the production and administration functions associated with problem loan transactions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of underwriting experience
3. Title Insurance License
4. Time management skills
5. Supervisory skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
7. Excellent spelling and language comprehension
8. Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks Initiate work/self- learning/development
9. Ability to work under deadlines
10. Ability to work well with others
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight